Universal-MLN
Welcome to Universal MLN, the community for LEGO fans and fans of the new Lego Minifigure MMO; fun place for all MLN fans to gather! Lego images are copyright of LEGO©️. Please sign in or register to post.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Universal-MLN
Welcome to Universal MLN, the community for LEGO fans and fans of the new Lego Minifigure MMO; fun place for all MLN fans to gather! Lego images are copyright of LEGO©️. Please sign in or register to post.
Universal-MLN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR!

4 posters

Go down

NASCAR! Empty NASCAR!

Post by Spud807 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 10:35 am

I am a big fan of NACSAR Racing! Did anyone else see the Daytona 500 yesterday? It was awesome! Especailly when the track was on fire and it took 2 and a half hours to clean it up. Razz
Spud807
Spud807

Back to top Go down

NASCAR! Empty Re: NASCAR!

Post by roddy15 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 12:00 pm

You Americans have yet to invent a proper motorsport, I tried watching an online version of Daytona 500 on iRacing that some from my racing league were doing, I got bored about 3 laps in. I'll be posting and covering a much more epic motorsport. I can understand that NASCAR looks cool because everything blows up and the drivers get hot headed and ram off the back of the cars but it's not that amazing Razz

I've done GT5 (Gran Turismo 5) and I will say though it is tough for even me on a video game to keep a NASCAR on a long left hander but I can't imagine it in real life.
roddy15
roddy15
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tennisdude Tue 28 Feb 2012, 4:29 pm

Well perhaps you didn't see the horrific crash when the race was under a caution! Razz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDQZdG-Nb3g

I saw this happen live. Later the race was stopped for 2 hours so it could be cleaned up and the track repaired. They finished the race at about 1:30 AM EST.
Tennisdude
Tennisdude
Founder and Head Administrator

https://universalmln.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Packuzdudeguy12 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 4:42 pm

I saw that. It was a horrible crash. I sure hope the guy driving the truck with the jet engine dryer is okay. They said he was rushed to the hospital.
Packuzdudeguy12
Packuzdudeguy12
The Awesomest Member
The Awesomest Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roddy15 Tue 28 Feb 2012, 5:57 pm

Montoya does those crashing and spinning thing all the time, stick him in any car and he's sure to wreck it. That's why McLaren sacked him when he was in Formula 1. He's a great guy but not a great driver. You Americans need to take some things from our much faster, shorter and safer Motorsports. Was it raining there because I know nascars have small brakes that are useless but the car looked like it just skidded from no grip under braking. That is why my American friends, we in Europe have carbon fibre brakes in your sports.
roddy15
roddy15
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tennisdude Wed 29 Feb 2012, 7:12 am

Well it was raining the day before for most of the day. But the track was dried by those jet dryers.
Tennisdude
Tennisdude

Back to top Go down

Post by roddy15 Wed 29 Feb 2012, 8:13 am

That's just making the sport artificial, if tracks shouldn't be dried by jet dryers, plus aren't half those tracks banked? I know Daytona is mostly banked so the water would have rushed off the track anyway.
roddy15
roddy15
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tennisdude Wed 29 Feb 2012, 3:47 pm

Yeah that one had like a 30 degree angle. They still dry it so the tires can grip the track on the turns.
Tennisdude
Tennisdude

Back to top Go down

Post by roddy15 Wed 29 Feb 2012, 5:32 pm

Still seems artificial, if they got the tyre supplier to make wet tyres and if you put bigger, carbon fibre brakes, you'd have a sport I would actually watch. Only dry running is boring for spectators. Add rain into any motorsport and you'll separate men from boys on the circuit Razz
roddy15
roddy15
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tennisdude Wed 29 Feb 2012, 8:46 pm

That would be interesting, but they don't go that here anymore because done racers have died when the track was wet.
Tennisdude
Tennisdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Spud807 Fri 02 Mar 2012, 9:04 pm

Yeah, they have HUGE safety regulations.

Another race this sunday. You going to watch it TD?
Spud807
Spud807

Back to top Go down

Post by roddy15 Sat 03 Mar 2012, 5:36 am

It doesn't look like there is any safety regulations. The drivers get hot headed and start ramming. Most Motorsports in Europe have a steward system so we hardly see hot headed drivers. Plus having stewards judging accidents would make it a better sport off track.

Which track are they on this weekend? I only know Daytona and Indy 500 circuits.
roddy15
roddy15
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Tennisdude Sat 03 Mar 2012, 8:50 am

They are racing at the phoenix international raceway in Arizona.
Tennisdude
Tennisdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum